boyanna

Frantic Reader #47901

Fate laid out your life for you like a dress on a bed, and you could either wear it or go naked....

I go naked.

Progress: 30 %
The Bookmaidens

Obsession - Jennifer L. Armentrout

On Jennifer L. Armentrout's blog:
What can I tell you about Obsession?
An Arum. Yes. You read that right.
Obsession does take place in the same world that Katy and Daemon inhabit,
Obsession is more mature, definitely targeted toward the older crowd. It's an adult romance, so you know what that means.
Obsession will change what you think you know about the Luxens and Arums.
There will be some crossover with certain characters from the Lux Series.
Obsession takes place in-between Opal and the 4th Lux novel, which is called Origin.
Hunter and Serena are the lead characters in Obsession.

Update (05.12.2012):
Teaser #1
Teaser #2
-- (on blog)

Update (12.12.2012):
Teaser #3:
“Not all of their kind came to Earth when our planets were destroyed. Tens of thousands are here, but there are hundreds of thousands out there. They will come eventually.” “And?” she asked, her arms loosening and falling to her sides. “And humans will be glad that there are Arums on this planet when that day comes.”
-- (on Deity Island)

Update (24.12.2012):
Teaser #4:
"We’re in their world, babe. Don’t ya worry about the Luxen boy in there with Luc. Worry about yourself.”
Teaser #5:
"Luxens were like galactic Pringles in a f**ked up way. Once you popped one, you just couldn’t stop."
-- (on twitter)

Update (03.02.2013):
Teaser #5:
There wasn’t any kind of trouble that I couldn’t ass kick my way out of, so whatever.
-- (on Facebook)

Teaser #6:
***
“You don’t look very apologetic.”
I frowned. “Well, I am. Things are kind of… messed up. And you knocked me out. And you’re half naked—”
“Have you looked in the mirror?” he cut in. “You’re just as naked as I am. And I didn’t throw anything at your head.”
Glancing down at myself, I cringed. Somehow I’d forgotten that I was in my shirt and undies. Flushing all over again, I wanted to dart behind something, but I folded my arms. “I didn’t throw anything at your head. I was—”
“Do you always overreact like this?”
Oh my God, if he interrupted me one more time I was going to throw something at his head. “I woke up in a strange place, kidnapped by an alien. I can’t even believe I’m explaining why I overreacted. What were you doing in my room anyway?”
He mimicked my stance. “Correction: this is my house and therefore this is my room. Not that I need to explain myself, I was checking to make sure everything was secure outside.”
“But you did kidnap me.”
“I did not.”
I threw up my hands. “What’s all this? Where am I?”
“West Virginia.”
My mouth dropped open. Oh, my God, this couldn’t be happening. “I’m in a different time zone? Are you fuc—”
Hunter threw up his hand, silencing me. The tip of my tongue literally burned to lay into him. “What the hell is that noise?”
Before I could respond, he stalked past the bed and entered the bathroom.
“Jesus! What are you trying to do in here?” His voice carried from the bathroom. “Giving the floor a bath?” he demanded.
I searched desperately for my jeans, but came up empty.
Hunter returned, hands on his hips. Too late. “Seriously?”
“I forgot I turned the faucet on. Geez, you’re grumpy.”
“And you’re already turning out to be a huge pain in my thigh.”
“Look, I’m really sorry about that. Okay? I’ve been through some really traumatic events here recently and yes, I might have overreacted.” I struggled with my patience. “And I really would just like to know where my pants are.”
“Your pants were folded on the corner of the bed. You probably knocked them on the floor.”
What? I wanted to check, but I so wasn’t bending down in my panties in front of him. “And how did they get off me and folded on the bed?”
“I did it. Thought you’d be more comfortable.”
Oh geez, I had no idea what to think about that. A thank you so wasn’t in order though. He did undress me while I was unconsciousness for crying out loud. My entire body felt red-hot. “I’m not going to say thank you for that.”
“Not like I’d expect that common courtesy from you,” he replied, his pale eyes dancing… with what? Anger? Amusement? “After all you never thanked me for saving your ass—a pretty ass at that. So I can add inconsiderate to your glowing list of attributes. Put that right next to: overreacts, acts first and then thinks, drama—”
“Oh, go fuc–”
“You do not want to finish that sentence,” Hunter warned. His voice low enough to send warning shivers down my spine.
****
-- (on blog)

Update (04/01/'13):
Teaser #7:
“Are you done acting like a psychotic, cracked-out muppet baby?” he demanded.
-- (on Facebook)

Update (05/09/'13):
Q&A about Obsession:
1. The main characters are Hunter and Selena.
2. This book is not a Lux novel, but it does take place in the same "world" as the Lux series. It is a companion novel.
3. Characters from the Lux series will crossover into this novel.
4. The events in this book take place between Opal and Origin to give you an idea of timeline
5. This is an ADULT novel, meaning if you are a youngin, this book is not for you. Because of that, Obsession can be read w/ or w/out reading the Lux series.
6. Hunter is probably my second favorite guy I've ever written
7. This is a digital release only.

Update (05/11/'13):
Some lines from Obsession:
Patience was a virtue I found pointless. ~Hunter

My kind *did* like to covet pretty, little things. ~Hunter

“Are you done acting like a psychotic, cracked-out Muppet baby? I have all day. And u actually feel kind of good under me, so take your time.” ~ Hunter

Oh hell, the first taste, the first drop of her essence was a deep, firm stroke to the fire that burned inside me. ~Hunter